This large pharmaceutical distributor serves independent pharmacists and drugstores throughout the Southwest United States. Employing 250 men and women in various capacities, the distributor uses its own trucks as well as third party haulers to deliver orders as quickly and efficiently as possible.
This pharmaceutical distributor increased document access and efficiency with FileBound On-Demand and FileBound Importer Pro.
From two warehouses located in separate states, this pharmaceutical distributor used truck delivery to meet the needs of customers throughout the Southwest. Once deliveries were made, each truck returned to the warehouses with a stack of signed manifests, giving proof that the product had arrived safely at each location. For five years, paper manifests accumulated in boxes at the respective warehouses. At a rate of 250,000 manifests per year for one warehouse and 100,000 from the other, the manifest system was rapidly giving rise to several problems:
• It was difficult (and often impossible) to locate a particular manifest if a customer had a question about delivery.
• Faxing a manifest to a customer for proof of delivery consumed additional employee time, as did re-filing the manifests after faxing was complete.
• Storage space was diminishing as the boxes of manifests multiplied and the company would soon be looking at renting storage space to house the overflow.
• The company was losing centralized control by having manifests stored on-location at the warehouses.
• Auditing manifests was not possible.
The VAR recommended a solution to the distributor that combined FileBound® Importer ProTM and FileBound® On-DemandTM capabilities with the Fujitsu 6010, NSi Autostore and Kofax Capture. The company was pleased that the recommendation did not require the purchase of either software or hardware. In addition, no specialized workforce was required to operate the new solution.
The company is overwhelmingly pleased with the implementation. Today, its employees can instantly locate any manifest or set of manifests no matter how long ago the product was delivered. Manifests can be viewed, emailed, printed and downloaded from a secure web repository where they are completely safe from disaster or theft. Multiple users can look at the same manifest at once and the company receives monthly transaction audit logs on request, allowing headquarters to stay firmly in control of activity in the field. Finally, the company has freed up a huge amount of storage space where the old manifests were previously housed.